Calgary First Time Home Buyer
You have made the right decision. Home ownership is an extremely rewarding decision with long-term advantages that just make sense. But, you definitely need to know what you are doing to avoid common pitfalls.
I love working with first-time buyers as I have been in your shoes and know now what I wish I knew back then. There is a lot to know about what, where, when and why. Questions you didn’t even know needed answers and ultimately minimizing your risk and setting you up to love your home and your decision.
Why work with me?
- 11+ years immersed in Calgary Area Real Estate (Full Time Agent)
- Experience in all types of property purchase from condos & townhouses to luxury properties and everything in between (NEW AND RESALE).
- Dual licensed as a Mortgage Broker and Real Estate Agent. I understand the bigger picture, write offers that get accepted and negotiate from a position of authority.
- I listen. I am not pushy. I am not slick. I answer my phone and move with a sense of urgency.
- I know ALL the tricks and have built a reputation with my colleagues as being honest, forthright and solutions oriented. I get taken seriously because I take what I do very seriously.
- My original list price to sold price ratios are some of the best in the industry.
- I work with a dream team of industry professionals that WILL SAVE YOU MONEY & act in your best interests (lawyers, home inspectors, condo doc review & more).
- I love to have fun with my clients! We may see some “interesting” properties… why can’t we have some fun doing it?
- My services are free (seller pays commissions). I don’t take a ridiculous retainer fee and if you hate me, fire me (please don’t fire me).
- I take pride in what I do and want to be your “real estate guy” that you tell all your friends about. Forever.
- No big bill boards and bus benches, just a solid agent who tries every day to be deadly good at what I do.
ONE STEP AT A TIME
1. Financing, Financing, Financing – This is absolutely critical as especially these days, deals are falling apart all the time due to financing hick-ups. There is NOTHING worse than going through the entire process, find your dream home and then have your financing fall through. Bring on the ugly crying. We will get you not only pre-approved, but fully under-written with a lender BEFORE you write an offer. This creates certainty for the seller, improves your negotiating position and reduces risk. there is ZERO additional cost to make this happen. DO IT!
2. Take the Funnel Approach to your search – Start wide open, kick some tires and narrow the funnel as you go. Look at different types and styles of properties and create a “must-have” list. You may know exactly what you want, but you may find out that what you thought might be a must-have now, becomes a nice-to-have when you walk in to the right place. Happens all the time. You are NEVER wasting my time looking at multiple properties. I love this part!!
Make an offer that makes sense – Every single property we see will require a unique strategy. You will have complete transparency when you buy. You will be given ALL the data, ALL the options and the confidence to know that I will use every trick in the book.
Due Diligence – Whether this is a new build, a condo/townhouse, single-family, acreage or castle, there are many steps that need to be taken seriously. From home inspection to condo document review and legal conveyancing, I have the team and the experience to know when there are red flags and green lights.
Possession – We will do a walk-through of the property prior to you taking possession to make sure everything is the way it is supposed to be. If it’s not, you are in good hands.
Post-Possession – This is a big deal. You are going to be added to a detailed monthly market report and receive regular updates from me about YOUR real estate market. Need anything? Ready to finish your basement? Need a contractor to fix the kitchen sink? Call me. I got a guy for that.
Schedule a time to set up your search and get started!
Access my LIVE CALENDAR to pick a time that suits your needs. We can meet wherever is comfortable for you. We will discuss any questions you might have, set up a search and put a plan together that will get you into your dream home sooner and for less money!
Calgary Top Home Buying REALTOR – Why you should choose Pete Chapman!
- My fees are ZERO to represent a buyer client – All Commissions are paid by the seller, even on for sale by owner listings.
- I NEVER charge a retainer fee – If you decide not to buy, I will not charge you anything and there are no ongoing obligations to you.
- Easy Scheduling – I am available 7 days per week from 8AM to 9PM. I answer my phone (TRY IT! 403-831-1242) and respond quickly to inquiries that come in via text. I am available on short-notice so that we can “be there first” when a listing comes on that is too good to be true. I have sold homes on July Long Weekend, New Years Eve Day, My 40th Birthday, Christmas Eve… I am never too busy!
- Exceptional Results – A key metric for determining actual sales performance is the Original Sales Price to Final Sale Price Ratio. I am proud to say that in the last 3 years, I average a final sale price to original list price ratio of 95.8% in comparison to the total Calgary ratio 98.7%.
- Strategy, strategy, strategy! – EVERY purchase is different. Every property that we approach carries it’s own strategy based on an examination of the many variables associated with the specific home, the market conditions as well as your goals. When it comes to buying homes, I will find every nickel possible and make sure you get the best price and terms possible.
- Mitigating Risk – I work with a dream team of professionals that I trust implicitly. Lawyers, home inspectors, trades and many more. I will look at the past, present and future of your prospective home and make sure you are not going to experience any ugly surprises. My clients are a top priority to my team. That means I get answers quickly and results that go over and above. It also means you are going to save money! I receive no kick-backs or referral fees of any kind.
- Complete Transparency – What did other similar home sell for? Am I paying too much? Which direction is the market heading? Are you representing my best interests or just looking to put a deal together to make commission (just being honest)? These are fantastic questions which I work to get in-front of every time. I use a variety of tools to show you every statistic, every home sold and a variety of visual tools to help you feel confident that you are getting the best deal possible. I imagine myself in your shoes and give you well-thought-out options that allow you to chose the approach that makes the most sense. I created www.mypropertyinfo.ca just to make sure you have ALL the information you need to make the right decision.
- End-to-End Experience and Service – I am a fully-licensed Mortgage Associate so I am able to obtain a complete picture of my clients financial goals, offer WAY more options, structure deals so that they get accepted and SAVE YOU MONEY!! Our relationship does not end when you take possession. You will receive a monthly market report as well as a variety of communications to keep you in the loop on what is happening with the real estate market. I want to be your trusted real estate advisor for the duration of home ownership… Your one-stop-shop for EVERYTHING REAL ESTATE.
- FUN!! – We are definitely going to have some laughs along the way… I love what I do and making it fun for my clients is so important to me! Happy Clients are my only clients!